Saturday, July 23, 2022

Kings of War 3rd Edition: #009: KOM vs Nightstalkers [Modified Plunder]

I was lucky enough to get in a game against another new army for me, the spooky Nightstalkers! My opponent is a wargaming veteran, but was brand new to Kings of War. They already have a good amount of minis assembled and primed, including a massive Shadow-hulk, but they are still figuring out their basing and painting schemes and such. Their plan for this game was to pop a few minis off of the priming rods and (temporarily) glue them to the MDF bases to represent units. They ended up breaking 3 minis before they mostly giving up on this idea. So, most of the Nightmares here are blank bases, which is even scarier, right? They could be anything! 

Lists and Scenario

I have never played against the Nightstalkers before. I knew that don't get Inspiring normally, and instead needed to borrow it from their opponents using units with the Mindthirst special rule. That is just some wild interplay that should be neat to see evolve over the next few games against them. You would think that the army would be weak to ranged attacks then, but the army-wide Stealthy special rule seems to mitigate that vulnerability. They seem like a very strong and very interesting army with a lot of insidious tools at their disposal! My opponent brought the following for this first game: 

Ouch! I was not expecting anything so strong! He topped out at 990 points, and although there we a few magic items or Screamshards we could have popped in quick, he opted not to, I think in order to get a feel for the base units. Establishing a base line for each unit seems like a good idea for an intro game after all.

The Scarecrow horde is a nice tar pit; Doppelgangers are complicated but seem like a lot of fun; Reapers are little blenders; Butchers seem like tanky anchors; and the Mind-Screech and Shadow-Hulk seem like fun and capable monsters. This seems like a pretty solid foundation and should serve him very well going forward. He showed my some pictures of his AoS Sylvaneth army and I am very excited to see what he paints up for Nightstalkers!

I brought the list above, which, wow, was not the list to bring against Nightstalkers! Going into Battle 006 about a month ago, my opponent for that game was unsure what list he wanted to bring, so I had created a few introductory lists at both 1000 and 1250 points. I ran Version 1 at 1250 that intro game, so I figured I'd just run the Version 2 at 1000 for this intro game and mark that off my long list of lists to try. Version 1 was a little stronger and a little more mixed with its unit composition, while Version 2 here was more basic, with doubled units Shield Wall, Fanatics, and Mounted Scout. I thought this would be a very easy list for a newcomer to grasp, but it is pretty squishy with a lot of Def3 units.

The list draws some inspiration from the old TVI Style, namely a focus on infantry and counter-attacking, small cavalry units, and using combined arms to win. (See here for the old Tactica repost; here for some blabbering on some parallels between it and with Kings of War, and here for some additional list and lesson discussions.) Mostly, it's some regimental checkerboarding with small, supporting elements. If I was thinking ahead, I would have deployed more in that style as well, but I was not so you get mistakes and regimental checkerboarding. With this list I was looking to test out the following:

  • Ballista. How would the cheap war machine do, especially against the stealthy Nightstalkers?
  • Shield Wall / Fanatic checkerboard. This is simple, but is this too flimsy with just the cheaper Shield Wall and squishier Fanatics?
  • Talisman of Silence. I posited a question in a Facebook group, wondering what else besides the Lute might be worth running on an ASB. This (granting Mindfog) was suggested a few times, and is up to test first. How will it perform, especially against the uninspired Nightstalkers?
  • Mounted Scouts. I do like my troops, but need to continue to teach myself how to use them best. With a bad list-match up, will I make good use of their melee abilities?
  • Mounted Hero with IW. I am liking the Hero, but need to get better at using IW. How will I do?
  • Nightstalkers. This was my first game against them. What did I learn?

About 1/3 of my list is shooting (and most of that is base 5+ shooting!), which seems like a terrible idea against Nightstalkers! With a strong list from my opponent as well, I figured I was in for a rough game, but also felt this should lead to some good tests for myself and for my list. How would I fare with such a squishy, unideal army and so much shooting against a strong and stealthy army?

This being an introductory game, we followed most of my own advice for running one, which you can read more about here. We talked through the existence of rules for rolling for sides and for trading deployments, and for first turn decisions, but we did not do any of that. We deployed everything all at once while talking through things, and I gave my opponent first turn to get them making decisions and experiencing the rules right away. With my opponent being a wargaming veteran, we decided not not run Kill. We talked it out, and I offered up Domination, Invade, and Plunder as the possible scenarios to choose from. I didn't want to deal with picking up Loot tokens, but figured these could all be good and engaging examples of the scenario-focused games that Kings of War can result in! My opponent opted for a modified Plunder scenario, using three tokens. 

Table and Deployment

With just 1000 Points each (well, almost; my opponent was still running 990), we decided to shrink down to a smaller 4' x 4' table, using the suggested modification to the scenario for the smaller game. We have three tokens along the center line of the field, with the central objective worth 2 Points at the end, and with each of the the side ones worth 1 Point. We were on a big, normal 6x4 table, so we just tried as best we could to block that off with our travel bins and such. We weren't going to be sticklers for the table edge here, and hopefully that shouldn't come into play.

For the terrain, the Hills were Height 3, the graveyards Height 1 difficult terrain, and the spooky Forests height 6.

Being an intro game, I had just plopped my stuff down more or less to help talk things through with my opponent and their own deployments. Trading drops would have gone much better for me I think. Alas!

Rawr! That dragon is really cool. And the Mind-screech is the King in Yellow from Cthulu Wars. Lovecraft / Mythos stuff is also hobby of mine. The King in Yellow was incorporated into the Mythos, but is actually from a book of short stories by Robert W. Chambers, originally published in 1895 (so predating all the Lovecraft / Cthulhu stuff). It's a neat read if you like the Mythos. It's not a great read, though, but it is neat to see where Lovecraft and other authors drew some inspiration from.

For my opponent's extra-stealthy list, moving from my left to my right, we have the Doppelgangers, a rad undead Dragon subbing in for the Shadow-Hulk that could not stand up on its own, the Horde of Scarecrows taking the center, the troop of Reapers screening the Mind-screech, and lastly the fearsome horde of Butchers. My opponent felt his army was stronger and decided to choose violence, deploying everything as far up as it could go. It seemed his goal was to box me out and draw me into combats.

The humans cower pretty far back. And they are apparently so nervous they deployed their war machine like a big dumb-dumb behind the forest...

Having the weaker list, I deployed back. Both my scouts went on my far-left, hoping to get around, but the Doppelgangers and giant opposing them would make this difficult. Next we have the hero, and the start of my little checkerboard and ASB with the Talisman of Silence. The checkerboard continued on,  occupying my center, with the Ballista going in the corner and the Bowmen taking the woods.

I did not do myself any favors with my deployment either! The ballista should be front and center I think, probably around where the Shield Wall in front of the ASB is. It has a bit of a lane, but I didn't even notice enough to pivot it toward the center, and it disparately needs like of sight. The Bowmen in the woods is fine. The scouts should have been split up, one on each flank I think to create some more pressure against my opponent with their larger charge range. I think all this can be blamed on the blob deployment. I have 4 drops over my opponent, and the Scouts and Ballista would have come down later and with more thought. 

Top of Round 1: Nightstalkers

Taking advantage of deploying up and going first, my opponent tried to be aggressive as the game got going. The Doppelgangers and Shadow-hulk moved up about 10" each to threaten the side objective on my left. The Scarecrow Horde got gummed up a bit by their Speed 4 and the terrain. Had my opponent deployed them a bit further to the right, they could have ignored the graveyard and gone up more aggressively as well. I didn't notice this either as my opponent was deploying, so instead the Scarecrows shuffle around a bit. The Butchers moved all the way up to try and pick a fight over the side objective on my right very soon, or maybe just barrel into my lines if the mood struck them. The troop of Reapers sort of followed up and into the nightmarish wake of the larger Butchers, pivoting and moving. 

The Nightstalkers advance!

I had deployed far enough back that I was out of range of the Mind-shreech's Lightning Bolt. While it has access to a few other spells, my opponent opted not to cast any. 

Bottom of Round 1: Kingdoms of Men

On my right, the Bowmen shoot into the Butchers, but nothing hits. One unit of Shield Wall needs to scoot backwards to give the Ballista a shot, as the war machine was very poorly deployed. The rest of the center shuffles around, trying to see what might threaten them first. The Butchers are a big threat, as is the Shadow-hulk, and I think I am going to need a lot of forces to tackle either. Even the smaller Reaper unit is likely going to take some effort to remove... so the humans are cautious going into this fight, and even with the scenario, are not eager to advance too quickly.

Shooting against Nightstalkers is not off to a good start. Go figure.

On my left, the duo of Mounted Scouts move forward to loose against the Doppelgangers, with nothing hitting against them either.

Not a good start at all. 

This was not a great start for me. This kind of "small arms fire" is not great generally, but even less so when I'm hitting on 6's. Go figure. The only bright spot was the Ballista shooting against the Scarecrows and getting a single lucky wound in.

Top of Round 2: Nightstalkers

My opponent continues to be aggressive, moving the Doppelgangers up again, while the Shadow-hulk leisurely advances and pivots to cover the Doppelgangers. The giant abomination is safe from any of my infantry, even with good Wild Charge rolls.

My opponent pointing out his cunning trap, should I wish to charge the Doppelgangers. 

The Scarecrows again pivot and move, lazily moving up to almost contest the central objective. The Butchers move up, staying out of max charge range from my Fanatics, but looking to start a fight soon. The Reapers move and pivot to get behind the brutes to cleverly use them as something to shield them from line of sight, which, yeah, seems like a good play generally. 

The Fanatic unit pictured will get zapped.

Unfortunately, my opponent seems to have brought the better ranged options here, and his Mind-screech deals 3 damage to my right-most unit of Fanatics. If there is a bright spot here, it's that my opponent might be being too aggressive? Things are moving up along the wings, but the center is lagging a bit behind, so I might be able to isolate something and win a fight if that trend continues.

Bottom of Round 2: Kingdoms of Men

The Bowmen decide to move up to take the hit from the menacing Butchers. Unfortunately, starting in difficult terrain, I don't think they can move at the double to really block them up. So they move their 5", and shoot. incurring penalties for moving and for shooting against a Stealthy unit. Obviously nothing lands. The Fanatics and Shield Wall respect the charge threat of the Butchers, and should be just out of it if I recall correctly, but do move up for a potential counter attack themselves. Bowmen for Butchers seems like it might be a good trade if I can swing it.

Poor Bowmen.

I think this could be argued as bad plays? The Bowmen are in the forest, which is difficult terrain. They maybe should have stayed and baited the charge from in there, causing it to be hindered, with the Shield Wall and injured Fanatics still threatening a reprisal. 

My concern was that I expected the Bowmen to be splattered in one go. If I stayed, then in my counter-attack the Butchers would have repositioned and in the forest, so I would now be charging into the woods to try and remove the stronger Butchers, and getting into a grind with them. Getting my Bowmen out of the forest seemed like a better call, and insured that my Fanatics at least were unlikely to be hindered when I went to retaliate.

This is not the ideal use of Mounted Scouts.

I think the Ballista shoots at the Mind-screech, but misses decisively. On my left, the Scouts scoot back to avoid the trap, instead using their steady-aim to fire their shortbows into the Doppelgangers again, and again, nothing goes through against them. Hitting on 6's is just incredibly rough and I am really feeling pressured here with my speedy elements basically pushed into a corner. 

Top of Round 3: Nightstalkers

My opponent decides to take his foot off the proverbial gas, and the Doppelgangers actually back up to hold the objective now, daring me to come and get it. The Shadow-hulk simply swivels slightly to get a few more things into its line of sight, though everything is out of range currently. The Scarecrows just pivot and move again to secure the very valuable central objective. 

A bit of a reprieve it seems.

The Mind-screech again shoots lighting into the Fanatics, dealing another three, but the Nerve Check comes up juuust shy of the rout result my opponent wanted, and the crazies thankfully hold.

My poor, sweet, squishy Fanatics...

On my right, the Butchers take the offering of Bowmen, and charge in. Amazingly, they only deal 5 damage, and the Bowmen hold! I thought the Butchers were 3+, not the 4+ in Melee that they really are. This was a really lucky result for me.

Bottom of Round 3: Kingdoms of Men

With the Bowmen holding, they counter-charge the Butchers while the Fanatics hit the nightmares in the flank. It would have been another front-charge, so I can't fit the Shield Wall into that combat, so they hang back in reserve, to help deal with the Reapers that are coming in soon.

The Fanatics vent their frustrations out on the big, stealthy Butchers.

In the center, my Hero runs up to get in the way of the Scarecrow Horde. He's been held back so far, but I don't want the Horde getting into any combat yet. This blockage allows me to move some stuff into position to maybe threaten it next turn while still respecting the Shadow-hulk's charge range. 

At least I think I was respecting it? The Fanatics were safe for sure, as the range ended just after the edge of hill in front of them. But the Shield Wall looks like it might just within range of the giant.

On the left, I decide to charge both Mounted Scouts into the Doppelgangers. I didn't get a copy of my opponent's list, and although I had been checking units in the book, I had gotten myself quite confused as it all turns out. I thought this was a pretty squishy unit that relied on its quirky rules to compete, but it's not, and it has good Nerve, and this was a very poorly-planned attack. I deal a total of two damage to the unit, which isn't great. It isn't even average, not that that would have helped enough.

This is a very big mistake from me. Even though shooting was very ineffective, I should have just sat tight here and done that again this turn. The Scouts were tying up nearly twice their amount of points and I should have continued to slow-play things here.

Bloodied, but victorious over the Butchers!

At least the other combat went well, and the Fanatics got the Butchers into some healthy double-digits for damage. Victorious, both reformed. I am hopeful that despite the injuries, I can persevere here, trading a unit for the Reapers next turn and winning this flank.

Top of Round 4: Nightstalkers

My plan was not to be. The Mind-screech tossed lighting into the Bowmen, damaging with most of the bolts and routing them now. The Reapers clipped the graveyard, hindering their charge against the Fanatics, but the Fanatics were routed as well. 

I had opted not to pop Indomitable Will on my turn. Against 30 attacks, I figured the Hero was a goner, and I decided I wanted to risk it to keep it and maybe remove a wavered result next turn if things actually went ok for me. As it turns out, Scarecrows only hit on 5+ and only 5 damage snuck in. The Nerve check was low, and the Hero held, all of which were incredibly fortunate for me. 

Double ouch! I figured I'd lose a unit for sure, but Lightning Bolt 6 has been pumping out some significant damage this game.

My opponent capitalizes on my blunder with the Mounted Scouts. The Doppelgangers are able to counter charge one unit, while the Shadow-hulk crashes into the other, and my Scouts are no more. The Doppelgangers reform 90 degrees to face the center, ready to move up to take the side objective next turn. The giant swivels as well, looking back to try and scare off anything threatening the Scarecrows with some violent counter-attacks in the coming turns.

Good plays by my opponent here to capitalize on my errors with the Mounted Scouts. 

It was a huge turn for my opponent, removing some 400+ points of my scoring units. A big part of that windfall was from me attacking with my Scouts in a very bad move after misreading the stats of the Doppelgangers, so I should take the blame there, and my opponent the credit for the counter-attack. There is no way my attack was going to work, even if I had some amazingly hot dice, and this was again a very blatant error on my part.

Bottom of Round 4: Kingdoms of Men

Things are not looking great for me, though with my hero holding, the Scarecrows are potentially vulnerable. The Hero, Fanatics and a unit of Shield Wall charge into them, and beat the straw out of them, getting them up to 17 damage or so. The plan was to try and punch through them and get out of the Shadow-hulk's charge arc, needing (I think) a 4+ overrun. Both the Fanatics and Shield Wall attempt to overrun. The Fanatics roll miserably while the Shield Wall does escape for now with a 6. The Hero is out of range of the giant, but now pops Indomitable Will now to try and survive the Lighting Bolts from the Mind-screech that are probably coming up soon.

Technically I'm victorious over the Scarecrows, but this feels like a mixed bag of success.

I commented on it almost immediately, but I think instead of charging with the Hero as well, I should have disengaged from the Scarecrows, and thrown him right into the path of the Shadow-hulk instead. My opponent offered to let me take that back, but I opted to see how the combat went instead. Looking at this again now, the bouncing Hero would still have been a better play I think. If the combat went poorly for me, the giant should still be tied up on the Hero next turn, giving me another chance at the Scarecrows. It's hard to say.

I should note that the ASB moved back to remove his Inspiring for the Scarecrows, and from my own units too. I didn't now if I could best them in one go, but I decided that I wanted to try. The ASB has been busy all game casting Mindfog. It continues to land, but the Nerve checks do nothing. Being Stealthy, the Nightstalkers have suffered only one ranged damage so far, and I am not grinding against anything. So, against fresh units, I am fishing for boxcars to get a lucky Waver on things to stutter up my opponent's moving. It's a long shot, but nothing is transpiring on the Nerve checks.

My other Shield Wall attacks the Reapers, and with 4+ to hit and 4+ to damage, they do a perfectly average 3 damage from their 12 attacks. I was hoping for a second unit in this fight, but I also thought the Reapers were Def3, so I'm not in the best spot. I roll a low Nerve check and the Reapers stick around, which can't be good for me.

Top of Round 5: Nightstalkers

The Doppelgangers hold the side objective while the Shadow-hulk crashes into the flank of the Fanatics, destroying them. The Reapers counter-attack the Shield Wall and remove them as well. Both Nightstalker units reform to eye up the remaining Shield Wall...

Somehow, my Hero survived.


I believe we talked through potential targets for the Mind-screech, and I think we decided that targeting the Hero to further isolate the Shield Wall was the right call. Even Inspired from popping IW, the Hero is wounded, and it shouldn't take much to see him off. Luckily for me, the Mind-screech fails to damage anything from the look of it.

Bottom of Round 5: Kingdoms of Men

The turns are passing pretty quickly now, especially for me, as I am down to almost no units! The Ballista fires against the Reapers but misses completely with a pair of commanding 1's. The ASB tries the Mindfog spell again, now also aiming for the Reapers. Unfortunately the ASB is inspiring them, but I still squeak in a waver result.

Getting to be a surprisingly close finish!

I sidestep the Shield Wall and now throw the surviving Hero in the path of the Shadow-hulk. Despite the dragon proxy, the unit is still the giant, terrestrially-bound Shadow-hulk. We measure it out, and the giant can't connect with the Shield Wall on an overrun either, so the Shield Wall is as safe as they can be going into Round 6. 

So, my Shield Wall control the center objective for 2 points, while my opponent controls both the side objectives for a total of 2 points total as well, meaning we have an even game going into the last turn.

Top of Round 6: Nightstalkers

I apparently did not take a picture here. The stunned Reapers simply hold and the Mind-screech floats back a bit, throwing more Lighting Bolts at the Shield Wall. The dice go a little cold again and only 1 damage slips in against the humans this time.

The Shadow-hulk stomps down the hero and overruns as far as it can. It rolls high and gets close enough to contest the central objective, but the Shield Wall still holds it with its higher Unit Strength.

The Doppelgangers are too far to charge the Shield Wall, but do inch up a bit towards the center objective while still holding the side objective on my left.

Bottom of Round 6: Kingdoms of Men

The Shield Wall simply changed facing, getting the Reapers and the Shadow-hulk into their front arc.

The Ballista again fires into the Reapers, this time connecting and dealing three damage to it. With that already taking a Nerve Check now, I opt to throw Mindfog at the Shadow-hulk, again fishing for boxcars and a lucky waver... but only roll up 11 for the check. Uninjured, the abomination does not care how close my roll is. Fortunately, the ballista bolt is enough to rout the Reapers, so my turn ends with some good news.

Round 6 ends with a 2-2 tie! The Shield Wall still hold the more valuable center, while the Nightstalkers hold both side objectives. 

Unfortunately for me, we do roll up a 7th round...

Top of Round 7: Nightstalkers

The Shadow-hulk charges the Shield Wall, and they take 4 damage but hold firm.

My opponent also makes a very good play here. I had written off the Doppelgangers, as I figured they needed to hold the outer objective. But, in moving and pivoting them a bit last last turn, they are now able to move their full 10 inches this turn to just be touching that center objective. Between it and the Shadow-hulk, my opponent now wrests control of the center from me, with a higher total Unit Strength. A very good play by my opponent!

Bottom of Round 7: Kingdoms of Men

I want to disengage and charge the Doppelgangers ... but I can't get seem to get there without clipping the giant's titanic base on the charging pivot. So the plucky Shield Wall counter-charges the Shadow-hulk, dealing a surprising 3 damage, but that is nowhere near enough to make any difference in the outcome of this game.

A marvelous final play from my opponent!

The extra turn has done me in, and the Nightstalkers manifest a 3-0 win!

Game Conclusion

Oof, I did myself no favors this game! With this being an introductory game though, the goal wasn't to win, but rather to get the new player exposed to the game. So, mission accomplished! I had a great time and so did my opponent. Still, we can dissect my own list and play...

It was a neat list to test. All the doubled unit make for a good and transparent list for an introductory game, and I am thinking I might build off this list for future intro games. But this was a pretty bad choice to run against a generic Nightstalkers list, let alone one on the stronger side of things. I think I did 4 ranged damage the entire game, with three of it coming in hot at the bottom of Round 6? That's not a great use of 1/3 of my army.

My deployment was pretty bad too, and definitely suffered from me just plopping stuff down for the introductory game. I don't think I even registered that that was a forest in front of the Ballista while we were setting up, so I should have taken a minute to think through some stuff. I think I just defaulted to "stick the war machine near the corner", but having the Ballista front and center should be my mantra the next few games with it I think. Infantry near the war machines seems like it's running me into some problems. Sticking it in the corner on a faster flank might be a good alternative deployment idea though, as the fast elements should clear out and open up the field of view.

While I took some loose list inspiration from TVI, I should have taken it all further, and deployed in groups to mess around with that. Scouts - Shield - Fanatics - Fanatics - Shield - Scouts might have been a neat deployment to play around with as a main battle line. I gave no real thought to deployment ahead of time, and it was a very busy week for me leading up to the game, so I wasted the opportunity here a bit I think.

The Mounted Scouts were some good distractions early on, but I threw them away. The Doppelgangers have very unusual stats and I thought they had a far squishier Nerve than they actually do. They are on the elite side of an infantry regiment as it turns out, with 15/17. Again, even with hot dice, there should be no real way that double-charge from Scouts would break that unit, and that is just a pair of errors from me to toss those away for nothing. And given their good speed, splitting them up would have been the right deployment call.

For a first game, my opponent brought a frighteningly competent list and played an amazing game. On their turn for Round 6, I knew the Doppelgangers were still out of charge range to the Shield Wall, so didn't think anything of them moving a bit. However that proved to be quite the sneaky play to seal the win for them, so kudos to them for seeing that!

Testing Conclusion

  • Ballista. As mentioned repeatedly, my deployment was quite poor and could have been improved in so many ways. Against the Nightstalkers it wasn't terrible, as going from 4's to 5's to hit feels better than from 5's to 6's or even 7's like the poor advancing Bowmen, and if I had set up a better lane of fire it could have done more; it didn't have a shot during some of the middle turns. Just think if I had stuck it directly opposite that Scarecrow horde! The Ballista worked better than all the small arms fire, but that is not saying much. Lessons hopefully learned here about deployment of it though, and we'll see how I do the next time I run it.
  • Shield Wall / Fanatic checkerboard. Not my favorite combination, and probably not one I'd run again in more normal circumstances. Both are just really squishy. But they both seemed great for an introductory game, and were nice and easy to grasp. 
  • Talisman of Silence. I did attempt the spell every turn, and on most turns it did hit. My turn of Round 5 was the only success the spell had though, finally getting the waver against the wounded Reapers. Most of his units were large and with good nerve, so nothing was really in danger of routing and I was constantly fishing for boxcars just to get the lucky waver with this. This was neat to have, and might play well with all the bow-fire I brought... if I were against a different army. I don't think I would take this over the Lute in most instances though, so there might be a hierarchy of kit options for me. 
  • Mounted Scouts. Obviously knowing the correct stats now, I should not have charged the Doppelgangers. I thought the Doppelgangers had a very low Nerve, and they most certainly do not. While they commanded some attention for a few turns, ultimately, the Scouts were not used well at all, and I should have split them in deployment to make better use of their higher speed on both flanks or to better support both my Fanatic units, which needed to do the heavy-lifting for damage-dealing this game. Lessons learned.
  • Mounted Hero with IW. I took a gamble not popping IW when the Hero went up against the Scarecrows. Keeping it available to cancel a waver did seem like the right call though, so I am happy with how I used it.
  • Nightstalkers Generally. This was my first encounter with the Nightstalkers on the table, and they seem like a pretty strong army. Without needing to bring Inspiring units, they can kinda bring an "all gas" list with a lot of serious threats. Stealthy did wonders for them this game, but I should do a little better in larger games as this is close to all the shooting I would want to bring. I am very excited to see how my opponent hobbies up this army and expands it in the future! Many thanks to them for the game, and I am looking forward to seeing them across the table again very soon!

2 comments:

  1. Another great report. Nightstalkers are an interesting army. They did really well at US Masters, lots of representation (presumably anti-gladestalker meta), and managed to grab the top spot as well. I wonder whether they'll get nerfed at all in the next Clash of Kings pack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yeah, despite all my my errors this was a very fun introductory game and I was really intrigued by the Nightstalkers. He already signed up for a tournament in the fall, so it will be neat to see more of the army as he paints it all up.

      Delete