Sunday, December 16, 2018

Hobby Update: KoM Heroes

...And here are some more KoM characters!

Out of 4 shots, this was the least dark. Whatever. The Regnum heroes are a brooding bunch now I guess...
Technically, if I brought out all my Kingdoms of Men stuff for a game, I couldn't field everything. Unfortunately the army has more things requiring unlocking (war machines, monsters, and heroes) than units that unlock things... Still, having these boys around should give my lists a few more options going forward, particularly with regards to sources of Inspiring. Having access to multiple, cheap ASBs could be a nice change I think! Ready for the table here are now:
  • 2 Mounted ASBs (3 total)
  • 1 Mounted Wizard (3 total)
  • 1 Mounted Hero
  • 1 ASB on foot
  • The Captain, on foot
The ASBs are nice cheap sources of Inspiring, and the hero is a quick, disposable unit, ideal for chaffing things up or disordering enemy units that need it. 

The Mounted Wizard is a wonderful mobile casting platform, and this will be my third mounted wizard. Mounted and swapping lightning in for fireball seems like a decent option... but I am years and years behind on the Kings of War scene... there are a lot of spells and configurations I haven't tried.

Most of these are very straightforward units. The Captain, however, is not.

Previously, I'd have argued that he isn't worth it, and that if you want to mess with the deployment phase, the Scrying Gem is a much, much cheaper way to go about doing so.

However, I have heard rumblings on the internet about changes to the poor Captain with Clash of Kings 2019. However, I don't have the book yet, and no one elaborated exactly on what the changes are... so we'll leave discussions regarding the Captain for an indeterminate future date, hopefully after a few games exploring his new abilities!

2 comments:

  1. Here's Cap's updated statline as of COK19:

    The Captain [1] Sp5 Me3 Ra- De5 At5 Ne12/14 Pts150 Hero (Inf), CS(1), Individual, Master Tactician, Very Inspiring, Rallying(2)

    Updates in bold ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My book is still in transit, so thank you very much for the info! The internet posters got Rallying, and that was it. Very interesting changes... will definitely need to give the Captain another go. Thank again for the info!

      Delete