Thursday, December 27, 2018

Clash of Kings 2019

Since games have been in such short supply over the last few years, I never really bothered to keep close tabs on Clash of Kings updates, or to keep on top of "competitive" lists. I didn't even have a local meta, so why would I bother trying to stay up to speed on things?

Well, after getting in a few games recently, I decided to treat myself. I already had the 2017 book, but I decided to buy both the Clash of Kings 2019 book, as well as the 2018 book, because I wasn't aware how the books worked (pro-tip: you only need the newest version). After reading through them both a few times, I will admit I've done myself a bit of a disservice in not keeping up to speed on updates.

I play and blog for fun, but I'm doing a disservice to the readers if I'm not using up-to-date rules whenever possible, so I apologize for my haphazard rules applications previously. Even the most recent game I was rolling Headstrong on a 4+. My bad.

New Year's Resolution here, folks: Going forward, I'll tag things with the appropriate rule set, (hopefully exclusively with CoK2019 for the next year!) and be much more cognizant of emphasizing the stats updates and rules changes as they come up in-game.

I'm quite excited about the changes in CoK2019. My Regnum's dinos got some major buffs, and I can't wait to get them on the table again, perhaps with a shiny giant or two in tow... The new scenarios look cool, and siege games look like they could be suitably epic. As someone getting a wargaming table up and running, castle walls and siege engines look like they could be a lot of fun to hobby up!

Looks like lots of cool Kings of War stuff to explore in 2019! I hope this blog can contribute something positive to the greater community this year; and I hope you enjoy checking in on it from time to time. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment