Saturday, June 10, 2023

Hobby Update: More Abyssal Flamebearers

About six months ago, I picked up a second-hand Archfiend as well as some Flameberers from a local game shop. Almost immediately I was hobbying up the Archfiend, as it was new and exciting. The Flamebearers were prepped and re-primed, but mostly left for later, which I guess happened to be around mid-May, as I was looking to wrap up a few of my older hobbying projects. 

Two more regiments...

The models here are Mantic's, and they have shown up several times before in the blog. The hobbying here is nothing fancy, with a Pink Horror base color and Carroburg Crimson shade for achieving the flesh tones. I had briefly toyed with the idea of replacing the firebolt effects with a greener Hexwraith Flame paint-scheme for these, but ultimately decided against that. I wanted all of my regiments to look the same, and I did not want to repaint all the other units... so, these should look quite similar to the other units in the other posts.

The first new regiment.

The second new regiment.

These were based as troops, as I had done up the bases long ago, but these will likely be run as regiments. These will be my fifth and sixth regiments of the Flamebearer unit, which should make them one of the most spammed units in my entire collection. I think they are tied only with my two legions worth of Zombies if my memory serves me well. Why so many? Well, I have a hard time declining deals when I'm on the fence about a purchase. These were second-hand buys that came in around $1.50 per mini, which was hard to say no to as long as I was already picking up a few things from the shop. Kings of War is a great game that scales up very well, and I still have delusions of playing some very large games at some point. These units put me well over 6000 points of Abyssals without any upgrades, which should be a very strong starting place for any large, narrative game I may happen to play at some point. Hey, a man can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment