Friday, February 9, 2024

Recommendation: Data and Dice

It came to my attention only recently that my frequent opponent has been a secret Kings of War blogger for some time. Behold, dear reader: Data and Dice! You can also interact on the new forum thread too, if you are so inclined.

If you are here, you have probably read a battle report or two featuring Trevor (known as Cartwright on the forum). He’s a very analytical player. Every list is thought out, and probability is frequently referenced while he is figuring out his shooting and charges.

His blog has some of the most succinct posts I think I’ve ever read, and covers thoughts on his armies, general tactics, and (surprise surprise) analytics for the game. He’s started parsing tournament data recently, comparing lists and their results, and looking for trends to discuss.

The hard analytics are done off screen, and everything is distilled down and presented in a very understandable way. He’s found some really neat takeaways recently, so if you want some intriguing things to think about when building your next list, or just want to see some rad art mashing up fantasy / and cyberspace, be sure to stop by and check out his blog!

1 comment:

  1. You're too kind! I really appreciate the shoutout. I try to keep the content super brief and succinct to make it a quick, punchy read with something actionable coming out of it. If you have any data topics you'd like me to dig into, let me know!

    ReplyDelete