Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Hobby Update: Objectives!

My original hobby goal for this week was to officially bring my two Troops of Yosemite-Sam Scouts and two Troops of Crossbows into the fold of the Regnum Aeternum with some painting touchups and some rebasing. It seemed like a reasonable goal. Most were touched up about a year and a half ago in preparation for a local tournament… so really, it was a pretty doable goal.

.....But I won’t be reaching it.

The Scouts may still get some attention this week, depending on how things go, but I am for sure putting the Crossbowmen on the back burner. I have 20 models, but decided I just don’t want to run two 10-man Troops. If I need to rebase them, I want to multibase them (at least in the style of how I’ve been multibasing, with my odd mix of 40mm and 20mm squares). That means picking up a few more models (for suitable unit leaders and such)  to bring me up to 24 models. Once I hit that numbers, I can do my 8 man troops and transition them over "properly".

With that all said I have still been hobbying on two projects this week..

The first is starting to transition all my old Greatswords into 6 Troops of Footguard with two-hand-weapons. I thought I was out of 40mm square bases… but then I remembered that I had a few spare GW 40mm squares sitting around, as well eight squares for old half-done unit filler for my Empire. I knocked the filler off and threw on my sand yesterday (gravel will be added soon), so after tonight I will just need to touchup the old models, paint up a few more, and then glue them all to their new bases...

Not too many steps in the plan. Just a lot of models...
The second project, is dealing with all that old unit filler. Eventually, I wanted to do up some personalized loot/objective tokens on 25mm round bases. Apparently, “eventually” arrived earlier this week.

The materiel of the Regnum Aeternum hangs in the balance... Carbines, Pole Arms... and a king's ransom in liquid courage...
Back when “eventually” meant “many weeks from now,” I envisioned a mix of gear, beer, and wounded minis to be contested on the battlefield. Turns out I had enough gear and beer done already (just needing some touchups here and there where I broke them off the original bases) to cover all of the 7 tokens I needed! I may do up some casualties of civilians later on for a better selection of things to fight over though. I still like that idea, and could lead to some cool narratives for battles.

Anyways, just a quick mid-week hobby update. Now, to tackle those old Greatswords...

No comments:

Post a Comment