Monday, November 20, 2023

Recommendation: Lazy Pirate Painting

Already having a handful of painted, battle-ready armies, I was excited to notice that the last 5 blog posts of mine have been battle reports! Hobbying is great, but more games and less blabbering was my hope for the general direction of the blog, as I am running out of space to store minis!

Unfortunately, those 5 games have been spread over a few more weeks than I would have liked, and a few were demo games (good, fun, but not as intricate or exciting as dissecting a normal game, not to mention that it would probably be better not to report on those and instead focus entirely on teaching the game). 

This is all to say that I am still busier than I would like to be! Life needs to slow down a bit.

I have gotten some nights off for some self care and some hobbying over the last few months, but not enough nights to get anything off my desk. In lieu of hobbying posts, I figured I'd toss out another Kings of War recommendation for everyone: Lazy Pirate Painting.

It's a Youtube channel that covers painting and a handful of wargames, including Kings of War. The reports are quick, with most being around 10 minutes long.

Each army gets a quick rundown after they have finished deploying, and then they check in at the end of each turn with a summary of the turn's happenings. No filming dice rolls or blabbering on about hypotheticals or what statistically should have happened - just a quick and dirty report. This style of report is unique in the wargaming world from what I have seen, and worth highlighting. They field and fight a variety of armies, all wonderfully painted, so I'd highly recommend you check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment