Thursday, August 24, 2023

Hobby Update: More Herd Rimewings (Scorchwings)

While I did have some posts go up in July, the painting was done a few weeks prior. With packing, moving and then unpacking, my hobbying time was nonexistent from the end of June up to about the middle of August here. A lack of time didn't stop the desire to hobby though, and while the brushes were packed up, I foolishly kept picking up things...  August hasn't slowed down much for me, but I apparently did sit down long enough this last week to get some more Herd Rimewings (Scorchwings) off their sprues and ready for the table!

The new pair.

I picked these up via ebay. At the time, on-the-sprue proved to be the cheapest way to get the 6 additional models I was after. Assembling the kit myself this time around, I am still pretty impressed with these minis. There isn't much by way of extra bits or customizability, I still dig the combination of chaos motifs and overall design riffs of these.

The new pair, again.

The original unit of Rimewings has yet to see the table, but hobbying up another horde's worth still seemed like a safe bet to me. Their versatility is just bonkers on paper. They have good height, good melee stats coupled with a long charge range and TC, plus a decent number of ranged shots, even if these do lack Piercing. Overall they seem like a versatile unit that should help the Herd out. I have some older list ideas to test still, but hope to explore the Rimewings soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment