Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Recommendation: Randy Atchley and Visibly Riley

Most of my recommendations have been Kings of War adjacent - things I'm digging that I think you might find interesting as well. Kinda like a really bad algorithm? These two though are directly applicable to the wonderful game that is Kings of War. 


Randy Atchley is a former Warhammer player, and even wrote up that TVI Tactica I reposted recently. He has been great the last few months as I have finally gotten back into games, replying with some great feedback and suggestions in the Kingdoms of Men Facebook group, and I only recently made the Warhammer connection. He's got his own youtube channel with very concise battle reports coming out pretty regularly, focusing on the Kingdoms of Men and mostly tweaking one style of list for tournament play right now. He also has a blog, though this doesn't seem to be updated as frequently. If you like this blog and want more experienced insights on the Kingdoms of Men, or just want to see some very crisply painted old Empire models marching around, please check him out.

Visibly Riley has an amazing youtube channel with a trove of reports with all sorts of lists. His play and attention to rules and especially positioning detail is miles above me and the variety of lists and scenarios he plays is great. I don't follow the competitive scene, but Visibly Riley seems intellectually tuned in to that thinking and has great insights on every list and match-up. He explains his thinking concisely as he goes, and has some great after-action commentary as well, looking at lists and usually giving constructive optimization advice. All in all, it's impressive stuff, and I'm looking forward to digging into his catalog more!

No comments:

Post a Comment