Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Hobby WIP: New Ballistae

Well, yesterday I came home from work, finished tidying up a bit, hobbied, posted here, and then jumped right back into hobbying. These aren't completely done yet (I want to add some gravel to make the base more interesting, and then add a big bundle of bolts next to each one), but these are table ready, and worthy of sharing.

Hopefully, now, with operators, they'll hit more often.
These are from the scorpion sprue in the Legionary Boxed Set, a pretty nice deal from Warlord Games. Each scorpion comes with two operators, but I knocked it down to one-per-machine since I have need of the minis elsewhere.

In the background is the old ballista from Eccentric Miniatures. It's larger and more sturdy looking, so I'll be upgrading those to Siege Artillery at some point (also with a Roman operator and some other bits to differentiate the war machines). Haven't run any Artillery yet... so we'll see how those go... sometime.

I doubt I will ever run 4 Ballistae in a given list... but you never know. I might just have to try it now. At least two of these will see the field next game. Hopefully the operators will make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment