Saturday, April 2, 2016

Hobby Update: Pole-Arms!

Wohoo! I was lucky enough to get in some hobby time this week, and not only work on, but finish up all my remaining Pole-Arm units. Huzzah!

First up for the post are the “Fancy Hats” – so-named because of the nifty feathers in their caps, and because I kinda suck at naming things. A few years ago they were traipsing around the Warhammer battlefields... mostly breaking from combat and getting run down. Once they managed to not break though, and then broke and ran down an arrogant Chaos Sorcerer Lord on a Chaos Steed. I’m hoping they do more things like the latter in Kings of War.

Fancy Hats! Forward! 
Next up is the Troop of Pole-Arms, fresh off the sprue! My most recent GW purchase (from a few months ago) was a box of State Troopers. Having painted up many State Troopers previously, getting these up to a tabletop standard was also pretty easy. The key? Paint before you glue!

The last Troop of Poles-Arms! Complete with a unit leader that seems more interested in punching the baddies than using the handy halberd he's carrying.

I’m still not a fan of these models. In the only professional army in the Old World… none of their armor is really uniform in style or even made from the same material, and one guy even lacks shoes. And to belabor a point made in an earlier post, each one is a hoarder in training. I tried to give some attention to the collections they were carrying with them, but didn’t go overboard. I could say that I didn’t want their collections done fancily enough to draw attention away from the unit to their trinkets… but honestly it was mostly laziness. I'm glad to be done with these models.


…and with the Pikemen on hold as of the last post, and these two units now done.. I'm done with all my Empire transition projects! Goal achieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment