Thursday, October 27, 2016

Hobby Update: 3x Tribal Hunters Troops

Geez. Three weeks of planned games.... and three weeks of cancellations. October has been very busy for me, and I haven't had much time to hobby. I was hoping the games and subsequent reports would carry the blog for a bit, but that was not the case.

Thankfully, most of the my busyness has been fun, and if you are ever able to see In the Whale, Electric Six, or Moon Hooch, I would definitely recommend them. Great tunes!

I did finally make some progress on the Herd over the weekend, and managed to touch them up last night. Behold, some table-ready Tribal Hunters!


Group shot! Hope no one blinked.
I picked up 20 (mostly complete) Ungor from a spare bits website a few years back, acquiring almost enough heads and arms to go around. Around a year ago, 6 were assembled to use as mook baddies in my D&D campaign. Those six have gotten my usual odd basing scheme, and the rest were separated into two troops and multibased far more properly than usual.

This was my first real attempt with legit multibasing, and I really like how it turned out. The piles of snow and logs look way better on the larger base.


Look at them. All scampering about. Visually showing their "Pathfinder" special rule.

I'm digging the army color scheme, and I'm looking forward to finishing off the other units for this little hobby tangent. I still plan on keeping the Herd Contingent small... it may not even reach 2000 points. I still have have... easily 100+ human infantry minis for the Regnum still sitting around, so hopefully I can try out some multibasing on them soon. And get some games in during November...

No comments:

Post a Comment