Sunday, February 7, 2016

Hobby Update: Knights, Shield Wall and Pole-Arms!

I'm still trying to shake this cold, but have had a fair amount of hobby progress on my transition projects. Two Regiments of Knights, a second Regiment of Shield Wall and three Troops of Pole-Arms are all "done" and ready for Kings of War!
Knight Regiment 1. A little blurry, but you get the idea. I think I'll need to reseat a few of the back riders. They appear to have partaken in one of the magical KoW brews..
Previously, these were just bright silver knights with brown lances on black (meaning... just primed) horses. Really.... not that great. I did them up in a self-imposed race to be the first of my friends to have a "painted" army.. not sure I would have counted them as they were, but these are looking better.

Knight Regiment 2.
I've found I really like a darker metal with this bright coppery color, so the bardings all got a new layer of darker metal paint, and then everything got touchups of the coppery color. The shields got the Regnum purple and white coloring, so I remember they're on my side. Horses could use some more work down the line... but are fine for now. Seems like some highlighting would do nicely on the horse muscle, but I'm not great at highlighting yet, so these are done for now.

I decided not to multibase these. The horse models have two slots in the regular bases, and it just seemed like a hassle to try and multibase them.

Three Pole-Arm Troops.. eager to get into your flanks.



These guys were a pain to rank up in Warhammer. The best way was to have them all facing to the left; the halberd in line with the corner (like the guy in the second row in the center unit)... which was lame, as the weapons should be pointing to the front, right? Now all the weapons are facing a more sensible direction (towards the enemy).



This unit is far more sparsely populated than my other shield wall. My intent is to mix and match the multi-based units later to even out the numbers between regiments, but since these are the new models, they are all lumped into one unit for now.

You may have noticed that there is a blank base there... I'm going to buy a final box of GW State Troopers this week give me a few more bodies to complete a few units with the same feel. I didn't want to cannibalize what I had already done. Should get a second Pike Regiment, a fourth Pole-Arms Troop and at least 1 body for this empty base here.

Lastly, I have a game lined up tomorrow. It's another intro-style game (1k, using just the free rules for list creation). It'll be against Elves... we'll see if I've learned any sweet generaling tactics to secure a victory. Another battle report should be up later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment