Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Fluff and Army Composition

What is an army without fluff? Boring! That’s what. I’m still tweaking the fluff for mine, but I have a general idea of what I want this army fluff to be...

Kingdoms of Men are neutral in game; we don’t necessarily stand up for what’s right – we stand up for what is right for us.  I like to think of this army as being a little scheming, calculating and opportunistic.

In the dim ages of the past, their ancestors were a force to be reckoned with, unmatched and unbowed, citizens and soldiers of the Regnum Aeternum. However, today, they find themselves much diminished in power. Innumerable lands have been ceded to equally innumerable aggressors, and being only human, they consistently find themselves on the back foot in military engagements, forced to rely on tactics rather than fancy tricks or brute force.


I love the image of a low-or-no magic army of pretty normal schmucks applying themselves to a fantastical of monstrous problem, and love playing jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none armies, despite (or maybe because of) the difficulties. So the core of this army will always be humans.

That said, my forces are neutral and calculating, I will not hesitate to include allies of any and all kinds, from elves to beasts to the dead themselves, should I deem them to be useful in the struggles of this army, or just plain look good.


So that's a little fluff and background. I think this ally-friendly approach will lead to some really cool army-comp and hobby opportunities down the road in KoW, and the neutral position of KoM means I should be able to justify any match up in-game to match my fluff. Huzzah!

Will have some hobby posts and some pics coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment