Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Lots of WIP

The game last week reinvigorated my hobbying mojo for Kings of War. …Perhaps a bit too much.

Progress on the Herd stalled because several paint tubs went bad and I’ve been slow to acquire replacements, and so just left them there and moved onto other things. That was probably a bad call. Over the last few weeks, my apartment has been overrun with hobby projects. Prior to the game it was just the Herd. After the game… out came a bunch of additional plastic.

After a nice weekend getaway, I came home, and just shook my head.

I live in a smaller apartment, and don’t have the luxury of a basement hobby zone or spare bedroom in which to contain my nerdy pursuits. Any hobby project actively intrudes on my available living space. Realizing that I should probably get back to using my little kitchen table for cooking and eating and my little couch for sitting and reading, I started cleaning up when I returned home.

The surprising number of current projects were separated into little containers and stacked on a bookshelf near my desk. Hopefully with everything now neatly delineated, I can start chipping away at them, and not start on any new projects. Currently in process are:

Herd
3 Troops of Tribal Hunters
3 Troops of Beast Packs
2 Regiments of Guardian Brutes
Centaur Chieftain

KoM
Pile of old GW Flagellants to touchup and use as Berserkers
2 Siege Artillery, to be converted from my current Ballista models
4 new Ballistae models, now with Roman minis acting as gunners
Warbeast (and howdah)
General on a Winged Beast
3 Troops of Scouts w/ Bows (started months ago, stalled out due to lack of painting inspiration)
1 Regiment of Pikemen (also started months ago, still only half-done due to loss of interest and a few missing bits)

So yeah… lots of hobby irons in the proverbial fire.

After finishing up today the cleaning I started last night, I got some hobby in, so there will be some WIP posts over the next few days, and if all goes according to plan, another battle report up next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment